Discords are developed for people to communicate. The communication can take place in the form of voice calls, video calls, Text messages, Files transfers. It is more of a digital platform to exchange information through various forms of contact.
There is a problem with the Discords. The problem is that most of them are showing errors while getting connected to voice calls. It shows the display as No Router Error on the screen. The reason for this is ICE (Internet Connectivity Establishment) checking and RTC (Real Time Chat) protocol disturbances.
This Error mainly causes when something is disturbing the internet connectivity. To solve this error, you need to follow some of the methods explained in this article.
What are the Reasons for the No Route Error?
There may be different reasons for the No Route Error occurrence. Some of the most applicable reasons are listed below. This Error may occur when the listed scenarios are taken place.
1. When your IP address assigned to the PC is changed: when you change your Internet Protocol (IP) address consistently, then this reason may trigger this kind of error.
The solution to this error is simply restart Modem + Computer + Router. All three should be restarted to see the results.
2. Firewall / Anti-virus Block listing: when you have activated Firewall or Anti-virus on your computer. This can cause blocking to some of the pages and devices. This can be considered as one of the reasons for this error. At such times, the Discord may not establish secure connectivity with an external server.
3. Using a VPN without UDP: This happens when you are using a VPN without a UDP (User Datagram Protocol). A VPN is designed to work along with UDP. This can also cause such kind of errors.
4. Blocking by Network Admin: If someone is trying to use the Discord from Home or any other network other than the required networks. The Admin can block the Discord usage for particular networks. The solution is to use the service from the authenticated networks only.
5. Incompatible Voice recognition: when the server’s and the user’s voice does not match with one another. This problem can cause the error. It also happens when you log in from different continents. The solution to this is to ask the Admin to give you permission to use the Discord from other locations and Networks too.
6. QoS connectivity problem: Quality of Service (QoS) if your QoS does not allow high quality audio or video visuals then, this may cause the problem. The solution for this is to disable them from audio and video settings.
How to Fix No Route Error
There are various methods to solve and counter this error. The solutions are based on the causes of error. No need to panic when you face certain kinds of errors in your daily routine. Here we will provide you some of the best methods to solve this error. Follow the methods to solve your error. If one method doesn’t solve your issue proceed to the next Method to get better and timely results. You need to keep in mind that your network needs to be in a PRIVATE mode not in PUBLIC.
Method 1: Restart Modem + Router + Computer
This issue is not so simple that it can easily get solved by just clicking on the RESTART button. This error occurs mainly due to the connectivity error or disruption of IPV6 (Internet Protocol Version 6). You can solve this issue by restarting your modem/ router and PC. You need not change the network settings at this time.
Check whether you can connect to the Discord voice servers without facing the error. If the error, still continues you need to look for the next Method to solve your issue.
Method 2: Uninstall Third-party Firewall or White list Discords (if applicable).
This may happen when you have an active Firewall installed on your PC. This firewall will protect your pc from going and interfacing with some websites. This blocking by Firewall and Anti-virus protections can cause the No Error Discord. The solution to this problem is to uninstall the Firewall and Anti-virus protection. Then check whether you can connect to the Discord voice servers.
The step-by-step process to do this is explained below –
Step 1: Press Windows + R to open a run dialog box. Then enter the “appwiz.cpl” and select the programs and features from the menu.
Step 2: Install the programs and features and select the third-party securities and give a right click on it and click on uninstall.
Step 3: Follow the screen instruction to complete the uninstalling process of the Firewall security system.
Step 4: Make sure to remove every left-over security file from the guide.
Step 5: Reboot your device to check if you can connect to the Discord voice servers.
Method 3: Remove your VPN or Use VPN with UDP (if applicable).
This error occurs when you use your computer with a VPN network without having a UDP. It is recommended to remove VPN or use VPN with a UDP to get rid of this kind of error. The reason for this to happen is that the Discord Voice servers are designed to be used with the VPN along with a UDP.
You can check whether the problem lies in the VPN or not. This can be done by just removing the VPN and check whether you get connected to the Discord voice servers. You can also connect with the website provider and ask him to give yourself a UDP. If you figure it out that it is indeed the VPN that is causing the error. You can go for another VPN provider or you can choose the “anonymity service” as disabled while using Discord. If this method does not solve your issue then, proceed to the next Method.
Method 4: Disable QoS from Video & Video Settings.
This happens when your computer does not support high packet priority quality of service. You can crack this problem by just disabling the QoS from the user settings of the PC.
The step-by-step instructions guide on how to solve this issue are listed below.
Step 1: Go to Discord and open gear icon at the bottom left corner.
Step 2: Scroll down through the settings and click on Voice & Video.
Step 3: Go to Quality of Service and make sure to disable the High packet priority quality service.
Step 4: Close the Discord and see whether you can go to the Discord without any error. If the problem still continues try to check out the next Method.
Method 5: Flushing the DNS Settings.
This method requires the usage of commands in the command prompt. Most of the users find this Method to be working for them. This involves resetting of your IP address.
Let’s have a look on the process involved in solving the error.
Step 1: Press the windows key and R to open a Run dialog box.
Step 2: Type cmd and press ctrl + shift +enter to open up a command prompt.
Step 3: Type the following commands and click on enter –
ipconfig / release
when the IP configuration is setup type the following command and flush the DNS
ipconfig / flushdns
To renew the IP configuration, enter the following command
Ipconfig / renew
The final step is to Reboot your device to check whether the No Route problem is solved on your device.
These are some of the methods that are used and suggested to solve your problem of connecting with Discord Voice Servers. Hope this article is helpful for you guys.
Leave a Reply